Used Hotdog Carts – A Buyer’s Guide
Starting a mobile food business can yield surprisingly good profits for the small investment it takes to purchase used hotdog carts and the other supplies you need to get rolling. In this guide we’ll take a quick look at the types of used hotdog carts for sale and offer tips for buying the right one to match your plan for great success.
Buy a Used Hot Dog Cart to Maximize your Profits
Finding the right hot dog carts for sale used is the place to begin your pursuit of profitability. New hot dog carts are overpriced. They produce large profits for the dealer while extending the time it takes for you to get ahead. Finding quality used hot dog carts for sale will save you at least 20% and perhaps as much as 60% or more on used carts that are in excellent condition. Choose the type of cart that fits your business plan and you are off to a great start.
The Major Types of Used Hotdog Carts
- Hotdog Pushcarts: These are the most basic type of used vending carts. Sturdy wheels on one end and a durable handle on the other are your means of mobility with these cheap hot dog carts. A large umbrella or awning keeps you and your dogs out of the sun and rain. Small hotdog pushcarts are compact with just enough room to warm hotdogs and buns and offer condiments. Some are larger and have coolers for bottled beverages. They are inexpensive, lightweight and mobile so you’re never tied down to one spot – you can head to where the action is to maximize your profits.
- Bicycle Hotdog Carts: These are similar to the hotdog pushcart but with a bicycle front built into the frame. It’s a beautiful concept and optimizes your mobility – and possibly your profitability.
- Trailer Hotdog Carts:
These larger carts are pulled by a vehicle and have space enough to offer more types of food and beverages. If your starting budget is bigger, purchasing one of these hot dogs carts for sale used will get you in the game at a higher level right off the bat.
- Walk In Hot Dog Carts: For some mobile food vendors, the walk in hot dog cart is the ultimate – but they are not for everyone. They allow you to offer a larger menu and are geared to be able to sustain an all-day business in one location. Hot dogs, beverages, peanuts, popcorn, corn dogs, soft pretzels, tacos, candy, funnel cakes, ice cream, etc. are all possible when you purchase one of these large used hotdog carts.
Keys to Finding a Great Deal on Used Hot Dog Carts for Sale
Here are 3 proven tips for getting a good deal on your first or next hotdog cart for sale.
- Know what Type of Cart you Want. Having a clear idea of how you plan to use your cart is essential. Will you park in one spot all day where foot traffic is consistently high? If so, a hotdog pushcart might be sufficient. Have you staked out separate locations downtown to capture the lunch crowd outside the office tower, the dinner crowd by the train station and the ballpark crowd by the stadium? A bicycle hotdog cart will be a better option. If weekend gigs at a variety of different events are your business plan then a trailer hotdog cart or a walk-in hotdog cart will meet your needs more completely. Getting a “great deal” on used hot dog carts for sale that don’t really fit your game plan is actually a waste of money! Know what you want and target the best deal you can find on that type of cart.
- Buy it Used! We’ve said this, but it bears repeating. Yes, new hot dog carts are shiny and bright, but used carts can be shined up nicely as well – and new carts will have a few dings and scratches before long. In other words, why pay a premium for a new cart that will be a used hot dog cart in just a few months? Shop affordable used hotdog carts for sale for the most cost-effective approach to launching your mobile food vending career.
- Buy from a Trustworthy Seller. Frankly, the best deals are found online, and the best online site for locating high-quality, cheap hot dog carts is eBay. With their buying safeguards in place your likelihood of finding a great deal with a reliable seller is outstanding.
Being successful in the mobile food business is about developing a smart plan and then working that plan with energy and intelligence. Right at the center of the plan is purchasing the right used hotdog cart to meet your goals. The tips found in this guide will help you become more successful more quickly.